When was the last time you shared ideas with 10 brilliant minds?
The roundtable programme at the upcoming Global Forum for Innovations in Agriculture has been published.
There are 25 roundtable discussions now scheduled at GFIA 2015. The format is one topic with ten participants, no audience, and 45 minutes to share views, debate solutions and network with people who understand your business.
Roundtables are free to attend for pre-registered visitors. Register for free today, and tell us which roundtable sessions you would like to join; registration also gains entry for you into the Opening Ceremony and international exhibition hosting 250 suppliers of sustainable agriculture innovations.
Monday 9 March. Session 1: 12.45 – 13.30
- Sustainable innovation in agriculture
Chairperson: Giovanni Marrollo, Product Manager, Valagro Spa
- Can Sub Saharan Africa contribute to global food security?
Chairperson: Lawrence Afere, Founder / CEO, Springboard Entrepreneurship Development Initiative
- The Future of Hope: Women as the next generation of farmers, and key innovators
Chairperson: Chido Govera, Founder, The Future of Hope Foundation
- Decreasing the losses and waste across the agrifood value chain
Chairperson: Mehtap Sen, Managing Director, MQore Technical Consulting
- Towards a Global Agribusiness and Innovation Platform for promoting entrepreneurship development on Nutri Cereals and Legumes
Chairperson: Dr Kiran K. Sharma, ICRISAT
- Optimizing the plant environment for plant factories
Chairperson: Dr Mike Nichols, ex Massey University
- Restoration and expansion into marginal lands
Chairperson: Dr Lina Yousef, Assistant Professor, Masdar Institute
- The safest way to kill insects is by freezing them
Chairperson: Ferhat Benyahia, International Business Development Manager, Silvandersson/Cryonite
Session 2: 15.30 – 16.15
- Is it possible to feed organic food to the world population?
Chairperson: Dr Ummed Singh, Senior Scientist, Indian Council of Agricultural Research
- Recirculating aquaculture systems: challenges in Middle East and African countries
Chairpersons: Shane A. Hunter, Technical Director, AquaBioTech Group, and Paw Petersen, Managing Director, OxyGuard A/S
- Intellectual property and agriculture: helping or hurting the harvest?
Chairperson: Rachel Pilloff, Patent Attorney-Agriculture, Lowe Hauptman & Ham, LLP
- Desalinization innovations at the farm level taking with the protection of ground water
Chairperson: Dr Azaiez Ouled Belgacem, Head Regional Programme, ICARDA
- The Declaration of Abu Dhabi for Global Food Security: agricultural practices go OPEN SOURCE
Chairperson: Dr Kristian Moeller, CEO, Global G.A.P.
- Financing innovation in the public private partnership environment
Chairperson: Eliecer Lopez-Jimenez, International Relations Manager, Institute of Agriculture and Food Research and Technology
- Circular Economy for food and water security: waste water reuses for irrigation
Chairperson: Dr Philippe Ange Kerrault, Water Energy Food Nexus – MENA Africa Coordinator, Alterra Wageningen University and Research
- Soil salinity and its effect on plant growth in arid areas
Chairperson: Dr Yasser Dergham, Humintech
Tuesday 10 March. Session 3: 09.00 – 09.45
- EverGreen Agriculture
Chairperson: Dr Dennis Garrity, UN Drylands Ambassador, Senior Fellow, World Agroforestry Center
Tuesday 10 March. Session 4: 15.30 – 16.15
- Aquaculture in Africa: a case study of a successful value chain approach
Chairperson: Wouter van Vliet, Larive International
- Decoupling the production of protein from farming/fishing to create a more sustainable tomorrow through the use of bacterial fermentation
Chairperson: Henrik Busch-Larsen, CEO, UniBio A/S
- Limitations and Opportunities in Closed Environment Aquaculture
Chairperson: Gareth Lott, CEO, Aquanue Pty Ltd
- Building partnerships to ensure sustainable agriculture
Chairperson: Kevin Andrezejewski, Global Supply Chain Manager, iDE
- Using nonconventional treated waste water and grey water in irrigation
Chairperson: Dr Naem Mazahrih, On farm water management specialist, ICARDA
- Powering agriculture sustainable energy for food
Chairperson: Ryan Shelby, Energy Engineering Advisor, USAID
- Information blackout in agricultural businesses
Chairperson: Raj Vallabhaneni, CEO, Vasudhaika Software Services
- Open data in agriculture: Status quo and challenges in The Global Open Data for Agriculture and Nutrition (GODAN) Initiative’s roundtable on open data for agriculture
Chairperson: Dr Medha Devare, Data and Knowledge Manager, CGIAR Consortium